error message "psql: expected authentication request from server, but received " when using psql to connect remote database - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From TIAN Justin
Subject error message "psql: expected authentication request from server, but received " when using psql to connect remote database
Date
Responses Re: error message "psql: expected authentication request from server, but received " when using psql to connect remote database  ("Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

=20

I met an error, when psql client version is 8.1.4, I use it to connect
to remote database or local database, such as "psql -U name -p <port> -d
<database> -h <ip>", it will prompt error message "psql: expected
authentication request from server, but received ", but if the client
version is 8.0.3, there is no problem, I don't know why, does it the
configuration problem?

=20

Thanks

Justin