RE: BUG #16645: pg_upgrade does not mark template1 as a system database - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Y. NAKAGAWA
Subject RE: BUG #16645: pg_upgrade does not mark template1 as a system database
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thank you for your suggestion.
According to pgAdmin4, [System database?] is [No] and [Template?] is [Yes].
I will post this to the pgadmin lists later.

Regards,

--
Nakagawa, Y.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 11:46 AM
To: nakagawa@goodf.co.jp
Cc: pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: BUG #16645: pg_upgrade does not mark template1 as a system
database

> 4. Open pgAdmin 4, connect to the PostgreSQL 13.0 server and expand
> the Databases node.
> Expected result:
> The node has [postgres].
> Actual result:
> The node has [postgres] and [template1].

There's no particular concept of a "system database" in Postgres, so I don't
know what pgadmin is doing to decide which databases to show or not show,
but evidently it's not too well thought out.

(The closest concept I can think of is whether a DB is marked datistemplate,
but a test confirms that pg_upgrade successfully preserves that property on
template0 and template1.)

I'd suggest you file this complaint on the pgadmin lists.

            regards, tom lane