Re: PostgreSQL, Mac OS X and locales - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guido Neitzer
Subject Re: PostgreSQL, Mac OS X and locales
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02.11.2005, at 11:47 Uhr, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> Ah you noticed that. Yes, many of the UTF-8 locales in FreeBSD simply
> point to the ASCII versions which doesn't exactly work very well.

Right.

> Only another FreeBSD system, these files are not portable. However,
> the
> source files for these are plain text so you can edit them. I beleive
> the source is in the C library. Find the source files, edit them and
> recompile. Then just copy the LC_COLLATE file over.

I have to look how to do this. I have build locales a very long time
ago, but currently I'm looking where to start ... perhaps with the
Darwin sources. We will see.

> You might also want to look at some of the other predefined locale
> collate orders, maybe someone has put some effert in getting an order
> right for another language.

I tried a lot of them and the all didn't work for me.

cug

Attachment