German Umlauts and JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Muehlencord, Joern
Subject German Umlauts and JDBC
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi out there,

I have got a problem, using German Umlauts, Postgres, Java and JDBC. When I
try to access a Database called "Aufträge" (orders), I get a Exception, that
the database "Auftr?ge" is not available. It is indipendent wheter I write
"Aufträge", "Auftr\u00c;ge" or "Auftr#0228;ge". It seems to be, that the
data is not correctly sent through the JDBC driver. The database was set up
with enconding "win" to access it correctly with Microsoft Access, too. I
have tested it with "encoding=utf8", but this did not worked as well.
Any hints?

Kind regards
Joern Muehlencord

--