Re: psql umlaute E4 E6 - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Harald Massa
Subject Re: psql umlaute E4 E6
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Jason,

> IIRC, Cygwin does not have full locale support.  However, I seem to
> remember some Cygwin mailing list post regarding locale.  So, I recommend
> searching the archives:
>
>     http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/
>
> to see if you can find a solution.

I did scan. And learned. Cygwins locale support is total. Total as in "total
broken". Many many complaints about the locale support in the dll, a
"--showcontrolchars" patched into ls.

and ONE idea ... to compile mutt using the

    --enable-locales-fix

switch for gcc. So I have to set up a compiling environment or ask someone
to try this switch who allready has a compiling environment.

Thank you very much for the lookup-path

Harald