Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From i.lazarev@postgrespro.ru
Subject Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrey Borodin wrote 2022-08-18 06:35:

> I like the idea of one knob instead of one per each SLRU. Maybe we
> even could deduce sane value from NBuffers? That would effectively
> lead to 0 knobs :)
>
> Your patch have a prefix "v22-0006", does it mean there are 5 previous
> steps of the patchset?
>
> Thank you!
>

> Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

Not sure it's possible to deduce from NBuffers only.
slru_buffers_scale_shift looks like relief valve for systems with ultra
scaled NBuffers.

Regarding v22-0006 I just tried to choose index unique for this thread
so now it's fixed to 0001 indexing.
Attachment