RE: [INTERFACES] database migration - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Nicolas Huillard
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] database migration
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I will soon be using an open software written in VB, that is able to "replicate" the data between two different ODBC
sources.
It can only handle the same data structure between the two replicates, and not different ones. If you want it, I can
sendit to you off-list.

Nicolas Huillard

-----Message d'origine-----
De:    Achillefs Margaritis [SMTP:archiver@db.geocrawler.com]
Date:    mercredi 2 février 2000 20:19
À:    pgsql-interfaces@hub.org
Objet:    [INTERFACES] database migration

This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Achillefs Margaritis" <amar@ims.gr>
Be sure to reply to that address.

We have two different databases for two different
products which do the same thing and contain the
same information in MS SQL server, but we would
like to keep both databases synchronized with the
same data. Both applications are management
information systems handling the same kind of
information, but we have a newer implementation
with a better database. But we would like both
databases to contain the same data, and when the
user enters data in one of the products, these
data should show automatically in the DB of the
other product. Do you know such a tool?
We would like one that automates the task of
keeping tables in any of the databases updated,
indepentant of the way the changes come.

www.ims.gr

Geocrawler.com - The Knowledge Archive