cant get PostgreSQL to boot on RedHat 6.0... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Landers
Subject cant get PostgreSQL to boot on RedHat 6.0...
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear Sir:
    I just downloaded and successfully installed PostgreSQL and love what I see so far. I have a problem though, when I
tryand use the script provided that starts the server at boot I get this:
Jul 16 14:46:15 Sentinel postgres: execvp: Permission denied
Ive come to learn that this is due ot hte fact that you cant call the su command from the boot sequence because its not
atty terminal (su accepts only stdin apparently) I tried to write my own init script to no avail. what am I supposed to
doto get this running as user postgres.... su isnt an option it seems. I realize you dont have the time or energy to
answerall the questions that undoubtedly come through your mail but if you could point me in the right direction Id
appreciateit. Thanks in advance.
    Jason Landers

Get your faxes through email...It's FREE!
Sign up now at http://www.efax.com

Jason Landers
eFax.com
Phone: (503)533-4655 x6108