fetching way too much or too often??? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From JT Kirkpatrick
Subject fetching way too much or too often???
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
we have about 20 folks linked to a postgres 6.4.2 database through
msaccess97 and the latest odbc driver.  we have declare/fetch turned on. we are having a problem with the database
lockingup often!  i am trying

to eliminate the possibilities / theories, and i am on the declare/fetch
process now.

when a user selects one record, as a watch on the debug window (started
postmaster w/ debug 3), it is processing many (25-50?  who can count that
fast??) fetch 100's -- but they only selected one record from one table! why so many fetch 100's??  should i turn off
declare/ fetch on everyone's

odbc??

thanks!  jt