AW: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Zeugswetter
Subject AW: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas SARZ <Andreas.Zeugswetter@telecom.at> writes:
> One idea strikes me though:
>     A standard ODBC Call Level Interface exists !
> Why not try to get the ideas for libpq from there ? Maybe we could even
> implement those same functions.

Hmm.  If we wanted to completely redesign the libpq API, and thereby
break every frontend application there is, this'd be a good idea.
I wasn't looking to do that.  I figured an incremental improvement
to libpq was what was called for.

Yup, I guess that sounds more sane and doable. It was just a thought.

Andreas