7.1 Upgrade Failure - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Schroeder, Steve
Subject 7.1 Upgrade Failure
Date
Re: 7.1 Upgrade Failure  (Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
To Whom It May Concern:

Just wanted to share with you the errors I keep getting trying to upgrade my
current version 6.5 of Postgresql to 7.1.

1.)    Installed 6.5 via the Red Hat linux install of 6.2
2.)    Have plenty of hardware (dual 600's, 2Gig RAM, 18G HD).
3.)    Downloaded 7.1 tar file.
4.)    Unzipped and untarred the file.
5.)    Stopped all the current postgres services, etc,.
6.)    Ran the install version off postgresql.org site.
7.)    One note that might be of interest is Red Hat's install put the
pgsql directory in /var/lib/pgsql
8.)    The install for 7.1 is /usr/local/pgsql.
9.)    Tried to even rename the /var/lib/pgsql and install new in that
directory, but got corruption errors looking for files in /usr/local/pgsql.

If anyone has any help, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.