Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vik Fearing
Subject Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/09/2018 02:29 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Everaldo Canuto wrote:
>> Change my patch will make psql different from other sql clients I use
>> (sqlplus and mysql).
>
> Well, I don't think we're too hot about copying their behavior exactly.
> This thread discussed the behavior at length and a consensus was found
> after much thinking.  No one is imposing anything.
>
>> I am happy with my custom version of psql so you can cancel/delete/ignore
>> my patch.
>
> We're not happy to lose a potential contributor, but of course that's
> your prerogative.
>
> Can we find somebody else willing to implement the agreed-upon behavior?

I'm currently reviewing two other patches in the commitfest (in my
limited time).  When I'm done with those I would be happy to pick this
up if no one else has.
--
Vik Fearing                                          +33 6 46 75 15 36