Re: pg_pconnect - ?? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Mitch Vincent
Subject Re: pg_pconnect - ??
Date
List pgsql-php
> The most traffic the user creates is when they change their rate
> table, they might add 20 to 50 rates at per week. I could run that
> stuff of an old 100 MHz Pentium with 16 MB RAM, if I had to and they
> would probably not see and performance issues. However, some of the
> bills they have process 500'000 line items at a time, this is where I
> need the horsepower - but at that stage, the connection is already
> made. The query runs across 4 tables and sometimes takes up to 4
> minutes.

If you post schema and queries then perhaps we could help you get that time
down a bit? Pardon the questions but you're indexing, VACUUM ANALYZE ' ing
and using EXPLAIN to see what your query plans are -- right?

I guess if we're going to open this can of worms we'd better take the
conversation to pg-general though...

Good luck!

-Mitch