Re: Indexes with LIKE - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Julian Scarfe
Subject Re: Indexes with LIKE
Date
List pgsql-sql
From: "Stephan Szabo" <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>

> You need to have made the database in C locale in order to get index scans
> from LIKE.  I think that's mentioned in the Localization section of the
> admin guide, but I could be remembering that wrong.

Thanks very much Stephan.  Indeed it's in Admin Guide 5.1.2. I was using
en_GB, not C.

There is of course no excuse for failing to read every bit of smallprint in
the admin guide before installation :-) but for those lazy unfortunates like
me that don't think to look there to find out what's wrong when indexes
aren't used with LIKE, I've added a DocNote under Pattern Matching.

Julian Scarfe