Database cmdatabase does not exist in pg_database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From chris markiewicz
Subject Database cmdatabase does not exist in pg_database
Date
List pgsql-general
hello.  i am unfamiliar with postgres and i have ecountered a problem...

i have created a new database (cmdatabase).  i created a single table in the
db and everything seems to be fine through the command line interface.
however i am having a problem when i try to run a query from java.  note
that the db server is on a unix box and i am running java from my local nt
box.  when i try to run my program i get the error:

Database cmdatabase does not exist in pg_database

what have i done wrong?  i used the -i option when starting postmaster, the
port # seems right (if i change the port # in my dburl (in java), i get a
port error).

thanks.
chris