Re: Argentinian timezone change at the last moment. How to change pgsql tz db? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Fernando Hevia
Subject Re: Argentinian timezone change at the last moment. How to change pgsql tz db?
Date
List pgsql-sql

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> "Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> > That doesn't get me what I need.  It lets me change the alias of
> > timezones, but not the start and stop of daylight savings time.  I
> > think for that I'd have to edit / replace the files in
> > postgresql-8.2.x/src/timezone/data/ and recompile to fix this.
>
> Since the OP has apparently already managed to get updated tzdata files
> installed on his system, he could just copy them into
> /usr/share/postgresql/timezone --- anything using zic should be a
> compatible file format.
>
> The lack-of-ARST-on-input problem can be addressed by mucking with
> /usr/share/postgresql/timezonesets/Default, if you're using 8.2.
> In earlier versions the table is hardwired into datetime.c :-(
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thanks Scott and Tom for your help on this.

After copying the updated tz file to /usr/share/postgresql/timezone Postgres
got aware of the time change.

Regarding the ARST recognition, I'm still on 8.1.9. :(
An upgrade seems urgent now.

Regards,
Fernando.