Re: descending index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pirtea Calin
Subject Re: descending index
Date
List pgsql-general
>From: "Jean-Michel POURE"
>Maybe you should try pgAdmin2, Windows PostgreSQL GUI
>(http://pgadmin.postgresql.org). It has an online PostgreSQL 7.2 guide in
>user help. You may import your existing Firebuid application and rewrite
it.

:) Thanks. That's what i use to inspect the database. But i access it from
Delphi. I find it a very nice tool though. For Delphi i use Zeos Access
components because they allow me to connect both to Firebird and PostgreSQL.

>Feel free to send us more information about your test DB.
>Cheers, Jean-MIchel POURE

Count on that. For the moment i'm in the faze of inserting (pumping) data to
the
server (SUSE 7.3; Last versions from PostgreSQL and Firebird at the end of
last
year) while i'm reading the documentation from PostgreSQL site. After that
i'll start
making tests. I'm more interested in features compare because i expect
similar results
(very similar) in speed, so is more a question of when is one recomended and
when
is the other.

I already have a question but i'll post it in a new mail.

Thank you very much for the answer.

Best regards,
Aplication Developer
Pirtea Calin Iancu