Re: fate of CLUSTER command ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: fate of CLUSTER command ?
Date
Re: fate of CLUSTER command ?  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Yes, I have always liked CLUSTER with full text searches because you are
> usually hitting multiple rows with a single equaltiy restriction, and
> CLUSTER puts all the hits on the same page.
>
> If you look in contrib/fulltextindex, you will see mention of CLUSTER in
> the README.  It may make sense to add that to your documentation.
>
> Also, is there any value to contrib/fulltextindex now that we have
> contrib/tsearch?

I haven't looked at tsearch yet, but I expect it's way better than
fulltextindex.  However there's more than a few of us using fulltextindex,
so I think it will need to stay for some while.  I'm working on a new
version of it for 7.3.

I can put pointers in the README about checking out tsearch...

Chris