Re: Adding and filling new column on big table - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jonathan Blitz
Subject Re: Adding and filling new column on big table
Date
Re: Adding and filling new column on big table  (PFC <lists@peufeu.com>)
List pgsql-performance

> Most laptop drives are only 5,400 RPM which would make a transaction like
> you are describing likely take a while.

Not sure what my one is but it is new(ish).

> No desktop at home you could try it on?
> I think the problem with the laptop is likely it's drive.

I suppose I could do but I need to install PostgreSQL there and then copy
over the database.
Maybe I will give it a try.

Jonathan