Re: Index Ignored Due To Use Of View - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: Index Ignored Due To Use Of View
Date
List pgsql-general
I cannot get the problem to appear using generated data and cannot provide
the real database.

Given these facts, and the fact I can use the "expanded" query to get the
necessary results, I am going to move on.

If you want me to provide any additional information with respect to this
behavior using my live data just let me know and I'll try and do what I can.

BTW, for the test case I used all the same tables that are referenced in the
two views but with many of the non-key attributes removed.  I then loaded
10,000+ records into the relevant tables and ran the explains.

David J.