Re: Database clone stuck in the middle - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Gnanakumar
Subject Re: Database clone stuck in the middle
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,

> I wonder whether the OP is doing
> something weird like launching the server as a subprocess of his login
> shell.

I don't understand what you mean here.  What is OP?

> Another possibility (if the source is a really big database) is that
> the copy operation is actually still going on.  I'd make real sure the
> old session is gone before trying to manually remove the allegedly-dead
> subdirectory.

My database is really not very big.  Usually, cloning of my database gets
completed within 5 minutes.  So, I'm very sure the database clone was stuck
in the middle.  Even I've waited for almost a day to confirm that copy
operation would run successfully to completion but in vain.