Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Wed, 2020-05-20 at 15:09 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The upstream default is still to use md5 passwords by default, and
> some deliberation has gone into that to keep it that way.  So it
> would make sense to have the RPMs also do that.

As Christoph pointed out, upstream default is trust. Still, this is
just a "default". People can change it to whatever they want. That may
also "force" people to switch to scram auth as well.

Regards,

--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Attachment