Re: embedded/"serverless" (Re: serverless postgresql) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Ochs
Subject Re: embedded/"serverless" (Re: serverless postgresql)
Date
List pgsql-general
I still have to respectfully disagree.  Postgresql is IMO just the wrong
software for the job, and given that there are still a number of really
important things that postgresql lacks, it should concentrate on those.    I
am not against it however for technical reasons, because those things can
always be overcome.  I just wouldn't want postgresql to start branching out
in different directions at this point, it makes no sense if the project
wants to keep focused and one day become comparable side by side to oracle.
IMO that should be it's main goal, and embedded functionality would be a
detour that has more chances of doing harm then good.

Chris