Re: [HACKERS] Re: Makefile.PL for Pg.so - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: Makefile.PL for Pg.so
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Saturday 25 August 2001 19:18, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> AFAICT, Pg.so does get the runpath set correctly.  Are you saying it
> doesn't work on your system or do you want to get rid of the
> recompilation during installation?

Pg.so does not get the proper RPATH in a DESTDIR build environment.

Trying to fix this for the RPMS -- the RPATH contains the buildroot instead
of where the libs really are.  Could cause security problems.  Working on it,
but it's slow going for me at this busy time.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio