Re: Installing Postrgesql 7.1.2-3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Installing Postrgesql 7.1.2-3
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 17 August 2001 18:51, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Tamara D. Blum writes:
> > >     i ran the following patches: pgrl.patch and pgmodule.patch but i
> > > still got error messages:

> > Where did you get those patches and what are they supposed to achieve?
> > And where does the "3" in 7.1.2-3 come from?

> My bet is that pgmodule is from python and that is the patch we just
> accepted into 7.1.3.  My guess is that Red Hat has side patches they are
> releasing and that 7.1.2-3 refers to their third patch.

[Tamara: skip to the bottom for a more direct answer.  The first few
paragraphs are directed to the list as a whole, to clear up what isn't
patched by the RPMset.]

Nope.  No patching being done to pgmodule in my or Red Hat's RPM's.

Is there a '7.1.2 to7.1.3' patchset being made available somewhere, possibly
named '7.1.2-3.tar.gz' or something?

Our RPM's always have a 'PGDG' at the end for identification.  There was NO
'-3' RPMset released from us for 7.1.2.  The latest Rawhide set is '7.1.2-7'
and it doesn't patch either of these.

The current Debian release is 7.1.2-5.

The python client appears to build fine here for RPM purposes... Hmmm....

Is the 'mx' python extension package installed, which is required for the
build?  But, the error was in PSQL's build, not python's.

However, Tamara's first message on this subject indicated the use of Cygwin
on Windows 98.  Win98, of course, won't work for the server anyway.  I didn't
see an answer to that posting in the archives.

Now, I don't know about the _building_ of postgresql under Cygwin on Win98,
but I _do_know that PostgreSQL will not run as a server on Win98, Tamara.
There _is_ a Cygwin list for this: pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org.  You can
subscribe to that list that same way you subscribed to this one.  Good luck!
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio