Re: Re: upgrading RPM query - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Gary Stainburn
Subject Re: Re: upgrading RPM query
Date
List pgsql-admin
Thanks for that Alan,

However, as the box I was putting it onto is a new one, I am making an effort
to stick to RPM's this time, as much as an academic exerciser as anything
else.

I actually found it quite easy to download the SRPM and build all the binary
RPMs from it.  It also means that if I set up any more RH71 boxes, I can
simply use these RPM's

Gary

On Tuesday 14 August 2001  3:28 am, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> Gary Stainburn wrote:
>  > At the risk of starting to stray OT for this list, how do you go about
>  > installing SRPMS - I've never done anything like that before.
>
> An easier way to do this would be to download the postgresql tarball.
>
> Download the following:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftpsite/v7.1.2/postgresql-7.1.2.tar.gz
>
> tar zxf postgresql-7.1.2.tar.gz
>
> Read the INSTALL or README file. It will explain better than I.
>
> Alan Gutierrez - alangutierrez@hotmail.com

Gary Stainburn