Re: HELP! BUG? pg_dump mucks up grant/revoke - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: HELP! BUG? pg_dump mucks up grant/revoke
Date
Re: HELP! BUG? pg_dump mucks up grant/revoke  (teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød))
List pgsql-general
On Friday 03 August 2001 16:35, Tom Lane wrote:
> teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind =?iso-8859-1?q?Glomsr=F8d?=) writes:
> > I'd hope for "yes", although the available patch should solve the
> > problems for us (Red Hat Linux) as I'll add that.

> Okay.  If you're doing a rerelease of pg_dump, please also pick up the
> REL7_1_STABLE commits I just made a few minutes ago; those clean up a
> couple other bits of breakage...

Whoa....

A pg_dump that can't be restored should be a release forcer, IMHO.  After
all, we're talking about our only upgrade path here -- the last 7.1.x release
_MUST_ be able to make a dump that 7.2 can reliably read!

As PG 7.1 has never been released with an official Red Hat (it's in the
Roswell beta, IIRC), 're-release' is a misnomer from RH's POV.

I'm inclined to rerelease RPM's, though.  Although I shouldn't call them
'7.1.2' RPM's at that point -- although I have an intarray asynchrony now...
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio