Re: Re: PG rules! (RULES being the word ;->) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Janning Vygen
Subject Re: Re: PG rules! (RULES being the word ;->)
Date
List pgsql-general
Am Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2001 16:36 schrieb Thomas Lockhart:
> > this way i have to implement my businees logic twice. inside the
> > database and in the middleware. I dont think that this is very
> > good.
>
> Hmm. Sounds like you are writing both the DB and the app. So
> enforcing *your* business rules in the DB is not so important to
> you because you are trusting yourself to do the same in the app.
> But for cases where the project outgrows one programmer, or where
> there are multiple apps touching the *same* DB, isolating the
> business rules - into the one place in common between these apps -
> becomes a more obvious choice.

What do you mean with "isolating the business rules - into the one
place in common between these apps"

what is the place _between_ these apps? Do you mean the middleware?
or do you mean, that businnes rules are at one place and are then
parsed into middleware and database from the same source?? This would
be a great tool. Do you know one?

janning

--
Planwerk 6 /websolutions