Re: vacuum and 24/7 uptime - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark
Subject Re: vacuum and 24/7 uptime
Date
List pgsql-general
We increased shared memory in the linux kernel, which decreased the vacuumdb
time from 40 minutes to 14 minutes on a 450 mhz processor.  We calculate that
on our dual 1ghz box with ghz ethernet san connection this will go down to
under 5 minutes.  This is acceptable to us.  Sorry about the unnecessary post.