Rules and permissions on 7.1.2 (bug) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martín Marqués
Subject Rules and permissions on 7.1.2 (bug)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
OK, I think I found a bug related with privileges, views and rules.

I have a bunch of tables, owned by martin, and some views with the related
rules for inserts, updates and deletes, all owned by martin.

I also have some other users that are in a group webunl_admin. This group is
granted full access (ALL) to the views I mentioned above.

When a user from that group tries to insert data to the view he gets an error
saying that he can't execute nextval('carrera_id_curso_seq').

Now, the manuales say that the rules are executed with the privileges of the
owner of the view and not the user that is executing the query on the view.
So why isn't this working?

Should I fill a bug report?

Saludos.... :-)

P.D.: If you need some output, feel free to ask for it.

--
Cualquiera administra un NT.
Ese es el problema, que cualquiera administre.