Re: Re: OpenOffice compile - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: Re: OpenOffice compile
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mar 22 May 2001 22:57, you wrote:
> In article <200105221405.f4ME5OG13140@candle.pha.pa.us>, "Bruce Momjian"
>
> <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> > Off topic, but I thought this was interesting.  This is information
> > about compiling OpenOffice.  Hope PostgreSQL never gets to be this size:
> >
> >     http://www.openoffice.org/FAQs/build_faq.html
>
>     IMHO, basing an open project on 7.6M lines of code that can only
> compiled on four or five different architectures isn't a policy that
> anyone should emulate.

I think that the problem with OpenOffice is that it comes from StarOffice.
Last time I downloaded SO was 5.2 and had over 70MB of binary, compressed.
Anyway, I don't think you can get it smaller, but, as the people of
OpenOffice are doing, you can always split it up, modularize it, so it is
easy to make changes.

P.D.: Linux kernel hasquite an amount of lines of code, but the developers
have no problem finding bugs and all the stuff.

Saludos.... :-)

--
Cualquiera administra un NT.
Ese es el problema, que cualquiera administre.