Re: DBD::Pg errstr method doesn't return full error messages - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michelle Murrain
Subject Re: DBD::Pg errstr method doesn't return full error messages
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 03 May 2001 03:24 pm, Vivek Khera wrote:

> where $msgid and $url are the same values above, I get this output:
>
> ERROR:  Cannot i
>
> This makes it a bit difficult to distinguish between a hard error and
> simply a duplicate insert error, which I can handle in this app.
>
> Also, at other times, I get just "7" as the error message rather than
> the full message, making error reporting just a bit confusing. ;-)
>
> Do you know of any issues with $dbh->errstr that could be causing
> this?  Any workarounds I might try?

I had the same problem.

pmh@edison.ioppublishing.com had posted a patch to it which worked for me.
Sorry I deleted the original e-mail with the patch, but I can e-mail you the
patched source file if you'd like.

Michelle
--
Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.