Re: Add A Glossary - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: Add A Glossary
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020-04-03 22:51, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2020-Apr-03, Erik Rijkers wrote:
>
>> On 2020-04-03 18:45, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> > Pushed now.  Many thanks to Corey who put the main thrust, and to Jürgen
>> > and Roger for the great help, and to Justin for the extensive review and
>> > Fabien for the initial discussion.
>>
>> A few improvements:
>
> Thanks!  That gives me the attached patch.
>
>> Should also be a  lemmata in the glossary:
>>
>> ACID
>
> Agreed.  Wording suggestions welcome.

How about:

"
ACID

Atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability. ACID is a set of
properties of database transactions intended to guarantee validity even
in the event of power failures, etc.
ACID is concerned with how the database recovers from such failures that
might occur while processing a transaction.
"

>> 'archaic' should maybe be 'obsolete'. That seems to me to be an easier
>> word
>> for non-native speakers.
>
> Bummer ;-)

OK - we'll figure it out :)