Re: PL/PGSQL Cook Book - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From ender
Subject Re: PL/PGSQL Cook Book
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Friday 09 February 2001 12:23, plpgsql@polar-digital.com wrote:
> I've just spent the last day or two trying to get to grips with plpgsql and
> can't believe how abysmal the documetentation and examples are. I've been
> trawling through the mailist lists and I notice there was talk back in 1999
> abouta PLPGSQL Cook Book - did anything come of this?

a good body of open source plpgsql code is in the openacs distribution at
openacs.org.

i agree that plpgsql is poorly documented, the only way i found to figure out
its capabilities were to scour the mailing lists, the openacs code, and the
plpgsql implementation source. any attempt to better this documentation would
IMO, be a worthwhile effort.

hth

kapil