Re: unlogged tables - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Anibal David Acosta
Subject Re: unlogged tables
Date
Re: unlogged tables  ("Pierre C" <lists@peufeu.com>)
List pgsql-performance
I am doing asynchronous commit but sometimes I think that there are so  many
"things" in an insert/update transaction, for a table that has not too much
important information.

My table is a statistics counters table, so I can live with a partial data
loss, but not with a full data loss because many counters are weekly and
monthly.

Unlogged table can increase speed, this table has about 1.6 millions of
update per hour, but unlogged with a chance of loss all information on a
crash are not a good idea for this.

Anyway, thanks Kevin!