Back end dies... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arsalan Zaidi
Subject Back end dies...
Date
List pgsql-general
On running a query which really taxes the system, the backend dies after a
day or two and I get this notice...

This is with PG 7.2.

WHat's up?

NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
        died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am
        going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
        before or while processing the request.
connection to server was lost

--Arsalan

People often hate those things which they do not know, or cannot understand.
--Ali Ibn Abi Talib (A.S.)