Re: Database schema & data synchronizer software for PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Együd Csaba
Subject Re: Database schema & data synchronizer software for PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
>dbsolo does a decent job.
>I think they main thing here is to check for inconsistencies and see
>what they are, rather
>then a tool that takes over the administrative task.
>
>We all understand David's point of view, but it can't hurt to have a
>tool in place that can verify the consistency of both schema's.
>
>Ries

Ries,
I meant definitely this, thanks.
DB Solo is really does a nice job. I found only two minor problems in the
sync script:
    1. It put a create trigger... statement before it created the
trigger function itself -
       moved to the end of the script
    2. I tried to alter column a time column to timestampz which
resulted in an error
       message.

I corrected these two things and the database is OK now. I'm absolutely
happy with this level of automation.

Thank you all for your suggestions,

--Csaba