Re: Database schema & data synchronizer software for PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Együd Csaba
Subject Re: Database schema & data synchronizer software for PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general

David,
I see your points and generally can agree with, but there is a level which
can be automated - I mean a mechanic comparison.
Of course the result sync script must be tested before applying in
production environment. These tools can/could save a lot of time. In my
opinion the result, this way or that way, would be the same: a version
migration or sync script to attach to the upgrade package. I think the
difference is that I do not have to maintain a db script during the
development to keep it up to date. I simply concentrate on the task not the
administration. I may be wrong...

Up to now I've been doing it the manual way but it makes me really
non-effective.

Thank you,

-- Csaba