Re: Request for Benchmarks... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wolfe
Subject Re: Request for Benchmarks...
Date
List pgsql-general
> All I can say is make sure you are using 7.2 and not an earlier release,
> especially for SMP machines, and also look at checkpoint_segments to
> prevent checkpointing too often under heavy load.

  Upgrading our production server to a brand-new release, in the middle of
the upswing of our season, might not be the smartest thing for me to do,
but I'll see if I can.  I'm not sure what you mean about
checkpoint_segments, can you point me to more information?

steve