Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
Re: Code of Conduct plan  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Re: Code of Conduct plan  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgsql-general
On 9/14/18 7:19 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> No one is tracking anything as part of the CoC. That's nothing but a
> straw man argument.

Not buying it or the below is null and void:

"This Code is meant to cover all interaction between community members,
whether or not it takes place within postgresql.org infrastructure, so
long as there is not another Code of Conduct that takes precedence (such
as a conference's Code of Conduct)."

Not sure how the above can be enforced without someone reporting on what
is said outside the 'postgresql.org infrastructure'?

At any rate, whether I like it or not the CoC is here to stay. I just
feel a dissenting opinion is important to the conversation.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com