Emergency case: Postgres problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaruwan Laongmal
Subject Emergency case: Postgres problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Sir,

I  will highly appreciated if anyone could inform me how to solve the following problems in Postgres.
Specifically, sometimes there  are the following messages informed by postgres.

NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
        before or while processing the request.

Thank you  so much for your concern

Jaruwan

PS.  The Postgres version is 7.0.0 run on  Red Hat Linux 7.1