Re: Adding Rendezvous support to postmaster - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Adding Rendezvous support to postmaster
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Chris Campbell <chris@bignerdranch.com> writes:
> > The attached diffs add Rendezvous support to postmaster when it's
> > running on Darwin (Mac OS X).
>
> I'd object to adding a Microsoft-specific patch of this ilk, and so
> I'm having a moral problem with approving of an Apple-specific one...
> can you offer us a platform-independent solution?

I think you might be over-reacting here, Tom.  It's a very small patch, is
incredibly useful for OS/X people and is a nice feature to have.  Once we
have a Win32 port, I wouldn't be surprised if we had little bit of code for
running as a Windows service, etc.

Chris