query performance, where goes time? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Anibal David Acosta
Subject query performance, where goes time?
Date
List pgsql-performance

Using explain analyze I saw that many of my queries run really fast, less than 1 milliseconds, for example the analyze output of a simple query over a table with 5millions of records return  "Total runtime: 0.078 ms"

But the real time is a lot  more, about 15 ms, in fact the pgadmin show this value.

So, where goes the others 14.2 ms?

Network transfer (TCP)?

Or analyze Total runtime don’t represent the query runtime?

Thanks!