Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Maurice Gittens
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>I have been working with many of you for over a hear, and would like to
>know more details about you.

I'm 32 married with 3 children. My girl is 4 (Michelle), and my  sons
(Michael-Alan and Daniel), are 3, and 1.
We live in the Netherlands.

I sell myself as a consultant usually to banks.
I have experience building a keymanagment system, internet payment system,
encrypted TCP tunnels, userauthentication systems based on smartcards
and other applications in cryptography (SSL, SET, IKP).
I run a _small_ ISP which helps me to learn new things like postgresql and
other stuff like TCP/IP networking in general..

I also works as a C/C++ trainer (since 1992 about) and I'm now completing
my first Java course with a group of about 10 poeple.

I used to be a real OS/2 / Windows fan but since I discovered Linux in 1995
I'm
all for UNIX. (I have the privilige to be able to work with 4 Unix
variants).
I now only use W95/NT when I'm there is some reason to.

My personal interest is in Chomsky phrase structure grammars, and as such
I hope to find time to find out more about the rewriting system in
postgresql.
I'm wondering if it's a grammar based term rewriting system.

My ideal system combines a distributed OO database with object interaction
defined by some formal rewriting system (I like dreaming).

Anyway I have a hole lot to learn about the postgresql system.
I like the neat coding style and the modular organisation
of the system. All we have to do now is to make it the best (and fastest)
database
in the world -:).

Thanks,
  Maurice