Re: performance drop on 8.2.4, reverting to 8.1.4 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Liviu Ionescu
Subject Re: performance drop on 8.2.4, reverting to 8.1.4
Date
List pgsql-performance
> It is arguable, that updating the DB software version in an
> enterprise environment requires exactly that: check all
> production queries on the new software to identify any
> issues. In part, this is brought on by the very tuning that
> you performed against the previous software. Restore the 8.1
> DB into 8.2. Then run the queries against both versions to
> evaluate functioning and timing.

you're right. my previous message was not a complain, was a warning for
others to avoid the same mistake. I was overconfident and got bitten. in the
future I'll check my queries on 8.2/8.3/... on a development configuration
before upgrading the production server.

regards,

Liviu