Large number of rows in pg_type and slow gui (pgadmin) refresh - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Robert Klaus
Subject Large number of rows in pg_type and slow gui (pgadmin) refresh
Date
List pgsql-novice

We have 36,000+ rows returned by " SELECT oid, format_type(oid, typtypmod) AS typname FROM pg_type".

My manager says this is only a small number compared to what is expected by next summer.

When I run this select statement on the database server it returns in under 1 second but it takes a minute to open some tabs using pgAmin III (1.16.1).

Is there a workaround for this - most of the rows returned are from one schema.  If we could elimiate it from the listed schemas it would help.  Is this possible in pgAdmin III?

Our database server is at 8.4

Robert