Re: Directions in Advocacy - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Lucas Alexander
Subject Re: Directions in Advocacy
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I like Josh's suggestions for the PR team assignment, but I think the first
thing we need to do is get a media kit together so we can get start our
campaign with a bang. After that, I think we ought to try a testimonial or
miniature case study every other week or so as we build up to the eventual
release of the next version.

As far as what Justin said about a code of conduct, I also think that's
important. Before doing that, though, I feel we ought to make sure that we
have clearly established both who we are and what our goals are. For
example, are we official representatives of the PostgreSQL project, or are
we just a group of people who feel strongly about it? Also, our goals are
very important to how we conduct ourselves. If our goal is to conclusively
demonstrate that it's the best open source database in the world and we, as
a group, we'd need to conduct ourselves differently than if our goal is just
to increase awareness of PostgreSQL.

Lucas Alexander