Re: Maximum table size - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Paulo Scardine
Subject Re: Maximum table size
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: "Gaetano Mendola" <mendola@bigfoot.com>
> Why this ? just because bigger is better? I agree with Tom Lane, is
> better underpromise than overpromise.

My $0.02:
You are talking about pg teoretical limits.
Why not add to the docs some information about the lack of resources
for testing these limits and ask for donations?
Some kind of "core-developers-hardware-wish-list"???
If someone is going to handle this amount of data with Postgres, seems
they can contribute with some hardware for the dev team.
Here in Brazil we have a say: "who don't cry, don't milk".

Regards,
--
Paulo Scardine