Re: Dell Hardware Recommendations - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joel Fradkin
Subject Re: Dell Hardware Recommendations
Date
List pgsql-performance
I know we bough the 4 proc opteron unit with the sas jbod from dell and it
has been extremely excellent in terms of performance.

Was like 3 times faster the our old dell 4 proc which had xeon processors.

The newer one has had a few issues (I am running redhat as4 since dell
supports it. I have had one kernel failure (but it has been up for like a
year). Other then that no issues a reboot fixed whatever caused the failure
and I have not seen it happen again and its been a few months.

I am definitely going dell for any other server needs their pricing is so
competitive now and the machines I bought both the 1u 2 proc and the larger
4 proc have been very good.

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
 This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.