Re: [GENERAL] Unable to reload postgresql.conf without restarting - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Unable to reload postgresql.conf without restarting
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thursday, January 03, 2013 9:56 PM Jose Martinez wrote:
>Hi,

>I made some changes to postgresql.conf and I want them to take effect
without having to restart the server.

>I tried

>select pg_reload_conf();
>/usr/pgsql-9.1/bin/pg_ctl reload

>but when I do 'show all', I see no changes take effect.

>There settings I tried to change are:
> -effective_cache_size
> -work_mem

Tried in latest HEAD code(Windows OS) and its working, after select
pg_reload_conf(), the changed value is shown.
Can you try just with SET command and verify the behavior, as these
parameters are USERSET parameters,
so no need to change config file and reload or restart.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.